Monday, August 27, 2012

(updated Friday evening...)

We're off and running this Monday already!

Tons of new patterns are coming in this week and I'm dying wool for the next couple of days to get a head start before they arrive!

I can't remember who it was now, but one of my customers asked me if we had a copy of JoAnn Mullaly's book "Crazy for Home"...which was the 2nd sort of wool crazy book that she did. Well..I had two here at the house that we were holding for internet orders...but I can let them go now. So I'm taking them to the shop either tonight or tomorrow...if you need one...just email me and I'll put one back for you!
"Crazy at Home"
2 copies left!! $24.95

Also...I have several new back issues of Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine...
there are 4 of the Summer 2012 issue, one of the Winter 2011 issue, and one of the Spring 2012 issue. If you're looking for any of these...they'll be at the shop and on sale for $6 each!

(Tuesday evening)

DONT' FORGET!!

WEDNESDAY IS SIT N' STITCH AT THE SHOP!!

Time...10a - 2p (or whenever you want to leave...we're there til 6p!)

The Classroom is yours for the day...and there is always Coffee, Cold Drinks, and Chocolate!
(Plus Teri always brings something tasty along too!

COME ON BY AND SIT N' STITCH AWHILE!


I'm heading into the shop a little later to drop off piles of WONDERFUL FALL WOOLS!!
Oh my gosh...my kitchen looks like a fall explosion of color....lots of textured pumpkin shades, luscious greens, browns and even a few blues right now....
I'm trying to get through the rest of the colors tomorrow so we'll be well stocked when all of our new fall wool patterns arrive (which should be any day)!!! Come by and take a look!

(Friday night...)

Wow...this week has flown by...here is the rest of what's new in the shop for this week....

First off...SOME of the Valdani order showed up today....can we all say....well, it's about time!!!
Here are the colors we received...P1 (Old Brick), P3 (Aged white medium), P5 (tarnished gold), P6 (Rusted Orange), P7 (Withered Blue), P11 (Aged Black) and 0510 (Terra Cotta Twist).
From what I could tell, it looks like another batch will ship next week....I'll keep you posted! But in the meantime...if anyone is in need of any of these..just let me know and I'll pull them for ya!

Two great antique pieces were added today....



Mid to late  1800's one door cupboard...all hand-planed poplar with square nail construction
Great square feet with scalloped apron front. Fantastic storage on the inside!
$475.00


Wake County, NC bucket bench circa 1850
Original white paint, pegged base and square nail construction 
Made of heart pine...this baby is heavy and sturdy!
Perfect to fill full of crocks!
$425.00

We got in the two new Country Stitches patterns, "Witch Pumpkin" and "On Pins and Pumpkins"...if you were on the list to call...we'll be calling ya tomorrow!
 

 

Also, we received the "Autumn Gatherings" book by Primitive Gatherings back in! $26.95 (WOW price is $24.25)...A Great book and hard to find!!



There is one opening that came available for Vickie's class on Sunday....the Fall Twister project. If anyone wants to jump in...just shout!


We got back in some of the great orange fabrics from Jo Morton's line "Carolina"....thought we better grab them one last time before they are gone for good!
AND...when I talked to our fabric rep today....he told us Jo's new line..."Leesburg" is in the warehouse and should be shipping SOON! Yea!! New Jo fabric coming!!

We're still waiting on a huge box of new wool patterns to arrive...I'm crossing my fingers for first of next week...cuz with all that dying I did the last few days...I'm ready for them to show up so we can get some models made!

And speaking of models...you all will have to come by and see the fantastic bee skep fireplace screen that Evette did from the new Maggie Bonanomi book...A Day at Sunnybrook. It's on loan at the shop for a while and we'll definitely be making kits and doing a class on this project. It is stunning to say the least!

I think that's it for tonight....have a safe Labor Day holiday weekend...and come see us if you get the chance! We'll be open Sat. from 10a - 6p and Sunday from 1p - 5p!

Until next week....Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment