Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crank down the Air Conditioning...the flannels have arrived! (updated Friday morning)

(51 Flannels to be exact!)

Happy Thursday to all!

I've got so much to put on the blog this week that I don't know where to start! Here it is Thursday already and I've been bogged down since last Friday by medicine that is creating havoc with me in general and now I've got one of those Halter monitors that I can't rip off until tomorrow afternoon! (Pain in the @#%^&! #1)

I finally was able to pick up my "big" computer on Monday...but half of the programs are now gone and I'm having to either download programs or buy new ones so that I can atually open some of my files and get something done!! (Pain in the @#%^&! #2)

I'm "test driving" these pictures to see how the color is going to come out...so bear with me while I pinch and tweak this computer!

Here are pictures of the new Marcus Brothers flannels called "Primo Plaids"! 11 plaids in all...wonderfully woven and soft...the same on both sides...FANTASTIC for those quick rag quilts! Price per yard is $8.50...wow price is $7.65! I've already got fat quarter bundles cut along with some 1/2 yard bundles and individual fat quarters as well!





























































If the colors look a little sharp and harsh on your monitor...trust me...they're not! These guys are like that old favorite flannel shirt...soft, muted and just begging to be wrapped around ya!

Our other line of flannels that came in are the "Woolen Needle" flannels by Primitive Gatherings for Moda fabrics...40 bolts in this line and every one of them is a keeper for sure! Deep rich colors...stripes, plaids, checks and textures...that all look like wool without the cost. These will make great log cabin throws, backgrounds for wool applique and backings for wool projects...just to name a few things! This fabric is suppose to retail for $12.00 per yard. Our price is $10.50 per yard and WOW members get their discount to boot! I'll try and get these all on our selling site in the next day or so! (But for you girls that live close...you just need to come in and touch and feel!)

Our Legacy 2012 full size calendars are here and will be in the shop this weekend!

We have several great styles this year...2 calendars from Folk Art by David, Simply Shaker by Karen Cruden, "Welcome Home" by Anne Tarbletti,"Homespun America" by Carol Endres,and "Homestead" by Mary Beth Baxter. There are limited numbers of each one and we won't re-order these.....SO....we are running a one-weekend special for the WOW members! Regular price of the calendar is $12.95...and for the WOW members this weekend only...$10.00! (These will fit in the Lang Folk Art Wooden frames!)




This is Jack...with his corn...he'll be in the shop this weekend along with a bunch of new Halloween goodies!(The more I look at this guy, the more I think....he looks like how I feel right now! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not!)

And just when we're getting in the mood for Halloween and fall...the Christmas issue of Early American Life arrived today! Which is ALWAYS a good thing...but dang, a little early?? Anyhow...it's here and will go fast..so if you need one and can't make it in...let me know! $5.99 for the magazine...wow girls, discount!




There are two new books that have just been released from Kansas City Star...and we are taking reservations on them! They won't make it for this weekend...but I'm crossing my fingers for the next!

From Renee Plains of Liberty Star, "Stitches from the Schoolhouse". 112 pages all in full color with 19 projects...$26.96 for the book (WOW girls get their discount)



And from Maggie Bonanomi..."Buttonwood Farm"...96 full color pages with 19 projects...sure to be another wonderful book! Book price...$24.95 (WOW price $22.50)




RESERVE AND PRE-PAY FOR EITHER OF THESE TWO NEW BOOKS AND RECEIVE AND EXTRA 10% OFF!

Other new books now at the shop...

"Confederates in the Cornfield" by Eddie McGinnis (a Kansas City Star publication) $16.95 (WOW price is $15.25)

"Buttons and Blooms" by Whimsicals...$19.95 (WOW price is $17.95)

"Country Quilts for the Soul" by Jan Patek (a Quiltmania publication) Reg. retail is $52.50...our price is $49.95 (WOW price is $44.95)

HUGE tin sign order will be in this weekend...great "man" treats...$10 each!

One last thing to tell yall all about...

Jill Peterson author of several great primitive decorating books and the magazine, "A Simple Life", is releasing two new hard cover books around the 1st of October...




Both of these books will be $24.00 each (WOW pricing is $21.00)and promise to outstanding compliments to your book collection! I want to make sure we order enough...if you know you want a copy, please let me know so that I can get you on the list for one!

Ok girls...that's it for tonight...I'm pooped! I'll be cutting, folding and dying tomorrow for sure! Hope to see you soon!

(Friday morning) Oh shoot...I forgot to tell yall..the chenille trim has come back in!! (And I bought a ton this time!)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment