Monday, February 13, 2012

Better Sit Down for this Update! (Updated Friday evening!!)

Happy Monday to all!

We're starting off the week just great! A Primitive Place and A Simple Life Magazine both showed up today! I flipped through them real quick...Omg...can't wait to sit down and actually pour over all the great articles and pictures!
They will both be in the shop for this weekend! $9.95 each...(WOW price is $8.95)
If you need one shipped...just let me know!



Coming soon...Blackbird Design's new book..."For My Friend"!! Details coming as soon as I know more!



(Tuesday)



Just unloaded a box of new wools for the shop....this is what I call Wool Heaven!!
Some of these will get dyed...but some will just get washed and put out in all of their natural glory! More coming too!

(Thursday)

The UPS man and our mail lady were both here at the same time today...delivering more goodies for the weekend!

Here is a new cross stitch pattern..."Mansion House at Fox Hollow". Done on 30ct linen...which we have lots of colors to choose from!



Also in that box was some more of the Cashel linen in "Flax"...28 count....beautiful color! Would look great for the Mansion House project!

We just received a note that the Spring issues of Mercantile Gatherings have been shipped...let me know if you need to be on the list for one! ($8.95 per issue...WOW price is $8.05)



Our mail lady also just left us the new Spring issue of Early Homes magazine! Looking good! $5.00 for the issue (WOW price is $4.50)



(Friday evening)

Well here it is Friday...and I finally have put a class schedule together! Can you believe it??? (I hope you didn't black out from the shock!!) I'll get it in a more permanent place over the weekend and I'll have schedules that you can pick up at the shop as well...If you are interested in a class...email me and I'll send better details...I'm going to keep it short and sweet right here tonight...

Beginning Punchneedle
Learn a great needlecraft art...punchneedle embroidery! Very mindless and fast to do and VERY easy to learn!! In this class, you'll learn the basics of this craft in the first half of the class and then move on to a fun Spring project...a rather dapper rabbit...just in time for Easter! Class and kit fee...$30 (Needles will be provided in class for you to use and you may purchase one at that time at a discount!)
March 11 (Sunday) 1:00p - 4:00p
March 29 (Thursday) 1:00p - 4:00p
April 11 (Wednesday) 1:00p - 4:00p

Beginning Rug Hooking
Learn the technique of traditional rug hooking in this beginning class. You'll begin a small project in this session which you will be able to finish after class at your leisure. I'll have various hooks and frames for you to try and use during class...and will be available for purchase during the class as well.
Class and kit fee...$55.00 (does not include hoop, but these will be available at clas)
March 25 (Sunday) 12:00p - 4:30p
April 29 (Sunday) 12:00p - 4:30p

Fabric Covered Boxes
Back by popular demand...come learn all the tricks in creating beautiful fabric covered boxes in this fun 1 session class. Very easy to do and very addictive as well! All you need to bring are scissors...everything else will be provided!
Class and kit fee...$30
March 8 (Thursday) 1:00p - 4:00p
April 15 (Sunday) 1:00p - 4:00p

The Memory Tree
Spend the afternoon creating your very own Memory Tree. We'll have a pattern to follow, but you'll be able to customize your tree with very little effort, if you'd like! Basic sewing skills are needed for this class. Everything is included in the class...
Class and kit fee...$30 (deduct $8 if you already have the pattern)
March 21 (Wednesday) 12:00p - 4:00p
April 26 (Thursday) 12:00p - 4:00p
May 6 (Sunday) 12:00p - 4:00

I'd like to get a hooking group together...about once a month...let me know what you think about that!
Right now, all classes will be held at my home studio..email me for details.

Come by the shop to see samples of the classes...plus I'll be putting those pictures up in the next few days!

Ive got one more class in the works...a wool applique class...I'l have it all figured out within the week!

The UPS man unloaded lots of boxes for us today...the most exciting though were two new books I've been anxiously awaiting!
American Summer by Polly Minick and A Bountiful Life by Karen Mowery both arrived!
Both are absolutely incredible....I feel a BOM coming in the very near future!!




For the girls on the list for either of these books, I have them with your names on them and you can pick up anytime! I'll start on the rug canvases this next week and get those ready as well!

Well I think that's it for this week...come see us and all the new fun stuff!
Happy weekend to all....Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment