Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finally.....A new post!

Finally...a little bit of a new update! Hopefully by next week, we'll be humming back along with a really good update complete with pictures of some of the new goods in the shop! But for now, I have to keep this short and sweet...mainly because I'm using "dial-up" service to connect to the internet and trying to load a picture is next to impossible! (Did we really use dial-up way back when???)

First, let me say...we are back open (YEA!) after being closed for the month of October for the State Fair. I've been in Texas now for nearly three weeks (family medical emergency with my Mom) so I missed the whole ordeal of putting the shop back together and being there for opening weekend. Poor Shawn has been worked to death...but between him and some very helpful friends (you know who you are!!), everything went pretty smooth and if everything goes well, I'll be home on Friday and will be in the shop this coming weekend! I'm hoping I won't have to come back to Texas for a few weeks...so I'll be busy catching up making Christmas and winter kits, dying wool, and getting the Settler's Pride and "Maiden" blocks done and out to all you girls doing those Block-of-the-Month projects! Just try and bear with me while I catch everyone up!

We did receive the new holiday issue of "A Primitive Place" magazine...after the first weekend, we have one copy left. BUT..it is on re-order and we should have some more in very soon!

Also...Jill Peterson's new book, "Homecoming" came in...there are just a few copies left. But I am re-ordering that as well! And..her winter edition of "Simple Life" magazine is now at the shop...great stuff!

Christmas merchandise is in at the shop...with lots more coming over the next couple of weeks!! I have some wonderful things made by Vicki Wallace coming in this weekend...she does beautiful primitive work and her handcrafted dolls never last long! (I can't wait to get home and see what she has for us!)

Shawn has been doing to some great antique buying over the last month...I'll try and get a list up tomorrow of some of the items...several crocks and jugs, a red/white/blue jacquard coverlet, some great little benches, measures, etc...just to name a few of the things...and all at great prices!

I've got approximately 30+ bolts of fabric coming in this weekend..lots of great civil war fabrics...all at a great price! Once I get home, I'll get pictures up over on the website for anyone long distance wanting to order!

Well...so much for short and sweet! I'll try and get a better list of some of our new things up on the blog tomorrow...but for now, time to watch a little Conan and then off to bed!

Yall take care...Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment